Being pregnant for the first time, I often say to people, I want to have a relaxing, calm and healthy pregnancy so my baby will be healthy and happy.
Sounds great, right?
Sure does. Yet sometimes real-life causes us to lose focus on being calm. When faced with a situation over which we have no control, I have found it much more difficult to find peace in knowing that everything will be ok.
Pregnancy hormones initiate emotions I haven’t felt in a looooong time. fear, anxiety, panic, extreme sadness, grief, regret, frustration and anger at these situations I cannot control. Everything is magnified times 100, so it’s much more difficult to brush your shoulders off!
As for situations we cannot control.
Pre-pregnancy Ariane would say: Oh ok, I can’t control that. Well, it is what it is and I’ll get through it. It could have been worse, and I am grateful for everything I have now.
Pregnant Ariane has been caught saying: OMG this cant happen! Its no fair! What am I going to do? Why is this happening when I’m pregnant? What if I’m not a good mother? What if I really am not cut out for parenting?
So, there’s a serious disconnect happening mentally and emotionally.
But there is hope.
I realized this week that when I have an emotional day, I need to find the Pre-Pregnancy voice and begin to integrate these healthy thoughts into my mind.
Before I got pregnant I was very active in yoga and other forms of exercise. Now, at 4 1/2 months, I have a little more energy being further along, and I’m ready to bump up my yoga sessions to more than just once a week!
Practising yoga during pregnancy is very helpful for women by minimizing discomfort. Yoga can help with the above negative emotions we can unexpectedly encounter, and keep those negative feelings to a minimum. If you practice yoga regularly while pregnant, when you’re faced with stressful situations, you will remember to
B r e a t h e
and calmly know that this too shall pass.
Physically, yoga helps with flexibility and can help in easing labour pains (another huge reason to do yoga more often during pregnancy!). I’ve compiled a list of 10 benefits of yoga during pregnancy to encourage those of you who need it!
10 benefits of yoga during pregnancy
1. Yoga during pregnancy improves blood circulation and minimizes the problems of water retention and oedema.
2. Yoga reduces anxiety and stress and induces (thank you!!!) and can aid in a more relaxing sleep. It helps women adapt to their rapidly changing bodies, and helps keep us calm when confronted with new situations.
3. Yoga helps us successfully expel toxins from the body and improves digestion.
4. Tired of that flabby arm or those growing thighs? Practising yoga is a safe way of strengthening muscles during pregnancy. Youll need muscle tone, endurance and lots of strength during delivery might as well start preparing now!
5. Yoga regulates your blood pressure and sugar levels in the body and thus helps in preventing the risk of getting diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy. When we have a particularly emotional day, blood pressure goes up as anxiety rises, which is no Bueno for baby.
6. Yoga stimulates the nerves and calms the body and mind. Breathing exercises regulate hormones and emotions. When you carry your yoga into your daily life, it can help you keep a clear perspective during all situations and leave you feeling more at peace during challenges.
7. Yoga improves your posture and helps in easing back aches which are common in most of the pregnant women.
8. Regular practice of yoga stretches many ligaments throughout the pelvic, hip and leg areas, which eases labor pain. Stretching at home daily can help with keeping your pelvic floor strong and limber.
9. Breathing exercises reduce mood swings, nausea and morning sickness. Also, deep breathing can aid in more restful sleep and an increased sense of well-being.
10. Yoga strengthens the abdominal muscles which take part in pushing the baby through the birth canal.
Though all of these are ultra-awesome, remember the following tips during yoga:
all those mentioned above, 10 Benefits Of Yoga During Pregnancy, that are Benefits to During Pregnancy. Make you should use these Yoga for During Pregnancy.
Simple poses and breathing exercises can be performed.
-No twisting poses!!!
-It is advised to stop practising if any discomfort occurs.
-Avoid inverted poses and poses that cause pressure on the abdomen. Typically, downward dog is ok to do if it feels good, but if you’re nervous you can do this posture against a wall.
-All the standing poses and forward bending poses can be done with mild movements.
-If you are a beginner, it is recommended to first do the poses in the presence of a trained yoga practitioner.
-And always, always, always.listen to your body! If it feels awkward, if you get light-headed or dizzy, just stop what you’re doing and continue when its right for you.